extraclass.com has spent first half of 2019 focusing on product improvement and plan for second half of 2019 is to set up Operations team and generate revenues
Extraclass.com is a personalized learning platform that puts air beneath the student’s wings making learning more thought-provoking, accessible, enjoyable and free. To top it up, students will be rewarded for studying on extraclass.com platform. Shedding some more light on this, ITNewsBuzz has recently has an exclusive interaction with – Persainjit Singh, Co-founder & CEO, Extraclass.com. Edited Excerpts
ITNewsBuzz: What is unique about the company?
Persainjit Singh: Our decade long experience of teaching students has taught us that it is extremely difficult and are for students to truly comprehend the long term benefits of good education. However, if we link short term studying goals to some form of rewards, the results are significantly better.
To put it simply, do you remember your parents telling you that if you score higher in exams we will get you a cricket bat or a doll set etc. extraclass.com does that in a structured manner to recognize efforts and reward hard work.
ITNewsBuzz: What were the challenges of setting up and scale? How did you overcome them?
Persainjit Singh: Setting up extraclass.com brought its own unique set of challenges and difficulties that its founding team addressed by working together and collectively fostering a company culture that’s efficient and resilient in overcoming challenges.
• Finding the right people: Our attempt to create a unique interactive/engaging learning experience posed the biggest challenge due to the lack of desired skill sets in limited budgets. Setting up a team comprising of self-motivated individuals willing to go the extra mile to help students in visualizing and understanding difficult concepts.
• Product Validation: Having a great idea that no one wants to use is the perfect recipe for failure. Before creating the MVP, we spent a significant amount of time in truly understanding the requirements of parents and students for creating a successful product which offers something new and different than what is available in the market.
• Thriving on Limited Resources: extraclass.com created most of its product in a bootstrapped mode which made it extremely critical to ensure that the team is focused and deliberate in their work so that it’s easy for everyone to be reactive and flexible to jump between competing priorities.
• Resistance to online learning platform: Parents are still a bit reluctant about use of technology in studies because of their prior experience of students just process. playing games
or passing time on social media. Educating them about the benefits of technology in learning outcomes and how to foster a habit of learning using technology is an ongoing
ITNewsBuzz: Why does your company have a high growth potential?
Persainjit Singh: Extraclass.com will provide free educational content curated from local teachers to any student between the age of 5 to 25 years. With cheaper smartphones and continuously reducing cost of data, we have a ready product to cater to a market which is going to explode in coming years. Indian government’s initiative of “Right to Education” and “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” have given a significant impetus to education in India. This continued commitment from Indian government puts extraclass.com on the track of exponential growth in coming years. Indian parents and aspiring students have to look beyond the conventional learning method and adopt online platforms for economical alternative for succeeding in various school and competitive exams.
ITNewsBuzz: Mention future plans for this year
Persainjit Singh: Extra class has spent the first half of 2019 focusing on product improvement and the plan for the second half of 2019 is to set up the Operations team in Delhi NCR and generate revenues. The goal for 2019 is to experiment and validate various service models in Delhi NCR which can be then rolled out to other cities. In next couple years, we plan to be in 12 metro centers catering to all students between the age of 5 to 25 years.
ITNewsBuzz: How does the platform work – students to parents?
Persainjit Singh: Extraclass.com enables parents to measure efforts and along with outcomes. Indian parents are generally habitual of monitoring performance in terms of marks and not intervening in the daily progress of students. Our platform empowers parents with necessary information to guide their kids and enable them to measure effort and not just outcomes. We engage and encourage parents’ to participate in their child’s journey to success rather than just celebrating success.
ITNewsBuzz: Where do you see yourself and your start-up in the next five years?
Persainjit Singh: In five years, we aim at becoming a household name for any student studying and preparing for any and all exams. We hope to cater to 2 million students every year.
ITNewsBuzz: What 3 tips would you give other start-up founders on the way?
1. Conduct Research: Do ample research before taking a deep dive into creating your product.
Persainjit Singh: 1. Conduct Research: Do ample research before taking a deep dive into creating your product.
2. Validate Product: Engage your end-user with the basic version created and incorporate their feedback to validate and finalize MVP
3. Have patience: Your journey will have many ups and downs, so founders must have faith in their product and be patient for the right time to come.