The effects of air pollution are wide ranging. Most of us are aware of the fact that air pollution can cause nasal blockages and respiratory disorders. It can seriously hamper the normal function of your lungs. But do you know that air pollution can lead to dryness, rashes, eczema, acne and premature aging of the skin. According to a study by American Journal of Epidemiology there is a direct co-relation between air pollution and rashes. Similar studies carried out in France and other parts of the world revealed that air pollution can lead to several skin conditions, especially amongst people living in the cities.
Direct impact of air pollution on skin
When you consider the drastic impact of air pollution on your health, skin related effects might seem less dangerous. But you cannot overlook the wellbeing of your skin. After all, healthy skin doesn’t only make you look good but feel good about yourself as well. Environmental Protection Agency asserts that some indoor spaces have two to five times more pollutants that outdoor air. Air borne toxins, dander, pollen can get trapped in your indoor spaces. Household chemicals, dust mites and mold spores are other contributors to indoor air pollution. Together they can take a toll on your skin in following ways:
- Air pollution gives rise to skin allergies, which then manifest in the form of dryness of skin and rashes.
- It can lead to and aggravate skin conditions like acne and eczema. These conditions can take long to cure and cost you huge amounts of money.
- Polycyclic aromatic Hydrocarbons that are formed from combustion of wood, coal etc rob your skin of Vitamin E and thus cause discoloration.
- Air pollutions take away oxygen from skin cells, which results in sagging skin. They also increase amount of free radicals, which coupled with UV rays reduce production of collagen. Your skin thus loses elasticity and starts aging prematurely.
Air purifiers help you maintain healthy skin
Feeling concerned about fine lines and rough skin texture? Want to combat premature signs of aging? You can follow in the footsteps of several models and celebrities who look after their skin with the help of Air Purifiers. Karan Oberoi, an emerging model from Delhi reveals, “Using air purifier at home not only stopped my skin allergies completely but it also feels a lot healthier and more radiant.” In fact, air purifiers offer your skin wide ranging benefits. Hence when you look at air purification this holistic approach is crucial. Here are a few ways in which your skin can benefit from the use of air purifiers:
- Outdoor particulate matter along with Indoor pollutants like Toxic gases & Vocs that gets in your living spaces is known to causes rashes and skin conditions like eczemas. Nutrition and anti-oxidants through food and other supplements are not sufficient to neutralize toxins entering our body through air. Eleven thousand liters of air passes through our lungs every day and breathing clean air is necessary to maintain the skin quality, said Shuvendu Mazumdar, National Sales Manager, Sharp Air Purifiers. Sharp patented Plasmacluster Ion Technology (certified by 28 global labs for safety) emits the same positive and negative ions that occur in nature. It sanitizes the air by deactivating mould, viruses, dust mite and bacteria and neutralizing VOCs and toxic gases thereby helping you maintain your skin as fresh and clean as it should be” added Mr. Mazumdar.
- Airborne bacteria are responsible for causing acne, which can make your skin unsightly. There are many who struggle with this skin condition that can make a dent in their self-confidence, especially in show business. Mr. Jai Dhar Gupta, Founder and Managing Director, Nirvana Being says, “By simply bringing an air purifier into your surroundings you can reduce the number of bacteria that your skin gets exposed to. It will automatically reduce acne breakouts.” “Our Airgle Air Purifers are being predominantly used maintain Skin Quality” added Mr. Gupta.
- Free radicals from dust, pollution and cigarette smoke can damage your skin permanently. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons break down the collagen and elastin in your skin while causing discoloration as well. These signs of aging can be eliminated with the help of Air Purifiers that are designed to remove these harmful hydrocarbons from your surroundings. Advanced systems can also disintegrate them for your benefit.
With the use of Air Purifiers you can stake a claim to that youthful looking skin, which is otherwise lost due the impact of air pollution.